This is a Plugin for Strapi headless CMS to download image links from Instagram
This is a Plugin for Strapi headless CMS to download image links (or images in Pro version) from Instagram.
I developed a Pro payed version with the following features. If you interested just drop me an email to
dev at webvibe dot io.
If you have any other request just let me know!
npm i @webvibe-io/strapi-plugin-instagram
Important! Instagram authentication will not work on
localhost due API need to redirect into a public domain!
If you don't have a public domain (in a developer environment for example) you will need to create one. I prefer ngrok for this but you can use any other solution.
After you have a public domain please follow this steps:
1. You can find configuration screen in Strapi at
Settings menu. Open it and leave it. You will need it to fill App Id and Secret.
2. Create an App at Meta Developer tools platform
3. In the "App settings" you will find "Basic Display" menu. Open it and look for "Instagram App ID" and "Instagram App Secret".
4. Copy App Id and Secret fields from Meta Platform to Strapi configuration screen.
5. Save the changes on configuration screen.
6. Copy the three callback URL from configration to Basic Authentication screen and save changes
7. If everything configured you can push
Authenticate button and authenticate the plugin with Instagram.
8. After a seccessfull configuration the plugin have the necessary tokens what you can check on the configuration screen.
9. Now you can use
Download Images button to download Instagrams
10. Check Strapi's public role configuration for Instagram API access! Allow access to
find for download instagram images!
11. You can check
Content manager for downloaded
If your configuration done you can reach Instagram images with standard API request like
This is a standard Strapi REST API so you can use any feature like filter.
Download new images When making an API call, the plugin checks for new images every 10 minutes and downloads new URLs.
Refresh token When receiving images via API, the plugin checks if the token is older than 10 days. If it is older, then automatically update the Long Lived token.
If you have any error in the authentication process or the plugin don't have short or long lived token you should check
Last Instagram Api response and developer tool's console for error messages.
Savebutton. Please cahange App Id or Secret to save changes!
In order for the database to save emoji's properly you should make sure the encoding of both the table & connection is set to
utf8mb4. For the connection this can be done by adding the following line to your database configuration (in
/config/database.js) in the connection configuration:
1charset: env('DATABASE_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'),
If you think you found a problem or bug feel free to open an Issue at Github
npm install @webvibe-io/strapi-plugin-instagram
Check out the available plugin resources that will help you to develop your plugin or provider and get it listed on the marketplace.